December 19th, 2012 at 01:07 am
Next year I am looking forward to:
1. Seeing the mortgage go under $100K – we are getting very close, it could be a nice birthday present for me in April.
2. Hitting the 1/2 a million (this sounds better than $500K) mark in net worth. We are currently around $470K. As long as the stock market and real estate is stable next year then we should hit this mark.
3. Going on holiday with family, it will be nice family reunion, most of them I haven’t seen for almost 20 years.
4. Having $70K+ in shares and managed funds, currently at $59K. This is dependent on the stock market doing well.
5. Also hitting the $120K+ in our retirement accounts, again I am relying for the stock market to be at least stable. Just contribution alone should get us very close to the $120K mark.
4 Comments »
April 23rd, 2012 at 05:07 am
On Friday I got to check my retirement fund, DH also decided to check his on the weekend. Our retirement funds is now over $101K. Finally!!!. The last $20,ooo has taken so long because of the GFC. Hopefully it will stay above $100K from now on.
I also did a quick look at our networth estimate, I think it has increased over $20K since end of last year. Slow but steady we go
0 Comments »
November 23rd, 2011 at 03:22 am
I just had a quick look at our networth and it seems like we just hit $400K. I can't wait to see 500K, if only the stock market would start going north too.
The increase is mostly due to our house going up in value. Our home equity is worth 65% of our networth.
Unfortunately, our retirement fund can't seem to get over the $100K mark. It has been stuck at the 90s for so long. At the start of the year I was pretty sure we would hit it late this year, but with the stock market taking a dive it has stagnated.
If everything stay about the same, we should get to $450K by the end of next year.
1 Comments »
January 27th, 2010 at 12:00 am
Just looked at our networth (finalise) as at 31 of Dec 2009. I know it is a bit late but we just got our statements for our retirement accounts. Anyway to my suprise we actually now above $250K networth. This is such a milestone for us.
Nothing much is happening here. Been doing a lot outdoor activities, we are taking advantage of the good weather. Health wise it is really good for us but it also means spending a bit. Nothing too extravagant though.
We are also trying to organise our holiday for this year, haven't decide yet, just looking at our options. Our options will depend on how much money we got to spend for it.
0 Comments »